Gampaha Wickramarachchi Sidhayurveda Medical College establish in 1929 by Pundit G.P Wickramarachchi with the aims of improving Ayurveda Medicine and provided treated freely.
In 1984 it was upgraded to the hospital and on the 27 th February 2008. it was affiliated by the Department of Ayurveda.
At present this hospital has four wards that can accommodate 120 patients. In addition there is an out patients department and a pharmacy. This ayurvedic Teaching hospital provides Teaching and training facilities to undergraduate Medical student of the Gampaha Wickramarachchi Ayurveda Institute.